Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Ups and Downs of My Health and Eating

Wheee! I have been on a little journey with my eating. It started with making a conscious effort to eat healthier about six weeks ago. Then came stomach difficulties. The stomach difficulties occur whenever I eat unhealthy.  Unfortunately, I can't pin them down better than that.

Maybe I should say fortunately because it seems my only option at the moment is to eat healthy every day. That isn't a bad thing. Then I started gaining weight. Not a lot, but maybe two pounds a week, and I was eating healthy. I was very worried that I had some sort of health issue that was causing the weight gain. Maybe it was causing the weight gain and the stomach problems. I told a few people, and they were concerned. I looked up unexplained weight gain online and found a lot of blog posts by people whose doctors were very rude when they made appointments for this reason or expressed this concern. The doctors mostly said they were probably depressed, and needed to eat less and exercise more and probably take antidepressants.

I wasn't going to deal with that, and I was getting really worried so I decided to track. Lo and behold, I was only eating around 800 to 1000 calories a day! Now, I have always been one of those people who say that of course you won't gain or not lose weight because you aren't eating enough. I have even put myself on 900 calorie a day diets in the past and lost a lot of weight. Well, often when I am skeptical of something that is real, the powers that be decide to show me a thing or two! Obviously, eating too little, even if it is very healthy, can put a slowdown on weight loss and in odd situation even cause a slow weight gain. (I do feel that with time it would even out.)

Anyways, I put myself back on a minimum of 1500 calories a day and immediately started losing weight. I still can't stray from my eating plan without getting sick though.  Very annoying, especially on days like today, when it seems that everyone in the family is munching on candy and poptarts, and I am struggling to get down a bowl of berries and yogurt to get in the last of my calories. I stay strong by knowing that I am doing the right thing and that it is worth it to my health and my quality of life.

4 comments:

BunnyKissd said...

Poptarts schmeared with mocha nutella schtuff... gawd that was really bad for me... I admire your resolve & persistence on this. ♥♥♥

adipexinfo said...

Well I would just like to tell you that you should follow your specific schedule & add some basic exorcises to it. Have patience & faith and the results will be in you favor.

bigbobby1 said...

I like the way your advice is placed. I'll be pleased to go along with your ideas about shedding extra fat because to state fact Now i'm precisely in the same condition phenobestin online.

Mohsin Mallik said...

It was great reading this post. Health conscious persons always take good diet and a lot of natural diet too. Some pills like adipex can also help.