Monday, September 17, 2012

How I Do It

I have written a bit lately that I am eating healthy. For me, this improves my physical health. If I eat the way that I am right now, my blood sugar is more even, my pain is lowered, my energy is increased, and I am unlikely to have any painful gastrointestinal issues. Unfortunately, I have not found a method of eating that cures all my health woes, but this way helps.

I thought I might try to define what I mean when I say that I am eating healthy. There are several things that I take into consideration when I am choosing what foods to eat. The following is a list of those considerations in order of importance.

1. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.

2. Limit processed foods.

3. Limit carbohydrates.

4. Eat a diversity of foods.

5. Eat foods rich in various beneficial polyphenols frequently.

6. Keep my intakes of dietary minerals high.

7. Eat a healthy balance of fats every day including omega 3's.

8. Count calories.

9. Take a daily multivitamin or eat a nutrition bar that mimics a multivitamin.

I will elaborate on these in a series of blog articles over the next few days.



No comments: