Friday, September 21, 2012

Eat a Diversity of Foods

Although I put this fourth in the hierarchy of how I eat healthy, I will admit that it is a difficult one for me. I am a creature of habit, and it is easiest for me, especially when I am busy, to just eat the same things day after day. The way I avoid doing this is by eating a lot of similar things sort of on a rotation.

So there are some things I eat a lot. I eat organic field green and spinach mix that I can get at Wegmans very cheaply. I usually eat it with thin slices of turkey. I roll turkey around huge bundles of greens, and it is so good! I eat frozen berry mix mixed with plain Greek yogurt often. I have coffee with cream every day. I regularly eat the same types of vegetables that I like sauteed and raw and steamed and roasted. I mix it up by trying to not eat the same things every day. If I had a can of beets yesterday, I probably won't choose to eat that today. If I had a Luna bar, I may not eat another for three or four days. If I had fish yesterday, I will choose beef or pork or chicken today.

The reason I mix it up is twofold. First, I want to be able to maximize the nutrition that I get from my food. If I am always eating the same things, I may be missing out on some things. Second, I am never 100% sure of the safety of our food supply. Eating a wide variety of foods minimizes anything harmful that I may be ingesting.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hey friends, Here is The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution. “How To End Emotional Hunger” read this book. And know about the most common emotions that drive your eating patterns, and tips on how to lose weight fast

Aldrich Mendal said...

Good guidance for weight loss and fitness.
This weight loss guidance help somebody a lot to achieve his goal. Thanks for such valuable guidance.
90 Day Challenge