Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Unexpected Visitor and Day One of the Diet Power 30 Day Trial

Today is day one of my 30 day trial of using Diet Power both as a recording device and a point of calorie control. Today I reset my diet, and the program recommended 1221 calories. My starting weight is 234.6. For the most part, it has been easy to use the program and stick to the calorie amount.

This day has been anything but typical though! It seemed to start in an ordinary manner, cuddling with Diana and getting ready to read a little of my book before I got up. Then shortly after Diana got out of bed, at around 9:30, the phone rang. A friend of Diana was in Fulton and wanted to visit. We are always happy to see Robert so we gave him the OK, but it was a little weird because I am always anxious about unexpected guests. I am not social at heart, and just in general, wandering away from my routines can cause a lot of anxiety.

Diana hopped in the shower, and I hopped up and headed into a variation of my morning routine. Josie made biscuits for breakfast, and Ant made coffee so I washed dishes and cleaned and listened to morning chatter and mostly kept everything running smoothly.

Biscuits are generally not on our approved breakfast list, but by the time we ate, it seemed appropriate so I started the day with a treat and kept on track from there. Dinner tonight features baked sweet potatoes. Yum!

No comments: