Friday, May 13, 2011

Philosophical Musing or Something Like That

Wednesday I was all set to start a new feature on this blog. It was to be called "What I Eat Wednesdays." Diana was taking photos of all my food, and I was going to post them at the end of the day. I was quite excited because it was a challenging day. We had a date that evening with Joseph, and would be either eating out or getting take out, and I still wanted to keep my eating in line with my 30 day trial goals.

Unfortunately things did not turn out as I planned. Diana photographed my modest breakfast and my morning snack, then at noon, I had a gallbladder attack. It wasn't as bad as some, but it was bad enough so that I was in no shape to go out that evening, and my calorie total for the day was only 802 calories. (I made up the difference by eating a bit more the next day. Hopefully my metabolism will stay in line.)

I thought though that this would be a good place to keep track of my gallbladder issues. Many people are now recommending that I have my gallbladder taken out, but I still have some reservations so I thought I would keep track to see just how much it affects my quality of life.

So on Wednesday, May 11, I had gallbladder symptoms from noon to 2:30 p.m.

Hmmm...not really any philosophical musings in here today, but I am happy to be healthy enough to write this update!

1 comment:

K. said...

I know so many people who have had their gall bladder removed. Not to make light of your issues AT ALL, but it's become such a prevalent thing in my environment that it almost feels like a surreal sort of fad. Of course, I've had some weird food allergy/aversion/symptom/episode happening to me for years now that I've never been able to totally track down to a culprit, and it's been suggested to me that maybe I'm having gall bladder issues, too, so maybe it's just the universe's way of nudging me. Look at me making this all about me! ;)

I hope you'll consider your What I Eat Wednesdays because I think I would actually really enjoy it. I'm so bad in the kitchen that when it comes time for me to look at making healthier choices on a grander scale, my first reaction is generally a blank. ;)