Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nutrition

I am going to be adding a few new foods to my diet. The first is low sodium V8 juice. I have never liked low sodium V8 juice, but since I am lowering my sodium in general, it may be more palatable now. It is the best way to improve my potassium intake without similarly raising my sodium intake. I am also adding Greek yogurt. I have not been a big yogurt fan in the past, but I don't hate it. I am going to first try some of the sweetened varieties that are not too high in carbs, and then work down to the plain. The third food fits in there. I need to eat more fiber. (Low carb sucks in the fiber department.) I am hoping to add some all bran type cereal without raising my carbs too much and without it tasting too bad. I was thinking the plain Greek yogurt, some high fiber cereal, and some berries might make a good lunch. If I can't get use to the yogurt, I could add a packet of aspartame based sweetener to take the edge off.

Hopefully these changes will increase both my potassium levels and my fiber levels!

2 comments:

LC said...

Hehe, I love plain yogurt.... I remember even eating the top half of the "fruit on the bottom" stuff when I was younger.

Emma said...

Oops was on the wrong account there....