Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Long Walk

I don't think that I have written about it here in this blog before, but I have an idea that I would like to take some long walks. By long walks, I don't mean an hour or two, I mean walks that could last possibly months. I like the idea of walking in the woods in near solitude, but I also like the idea of long road walks through small towns seeing what there is too see. Traveling by foot is very appealing to me!

It is funny, but I never saw my speed walks and the goals associated with them as having anything to do with my "long walk" ideas. It just recently hit me though that if I felt in good enough shape I could take some shorter walks to lead up to a really long one. Maybe just an overnight walk or a weekend walk or even just a whole day walk but with some real distance to travel. The thought is exciting to me. It could possibly happen this fall or even next summer is cool! Diana has also requested that I walk with her 30 minutes today. If I manage a 30 minute walk each day with Diana and my 30 minute speed walk 4 or 5 times a week, I should make some real progress towards me goal! (The weight loss helps too. Just losing weight makes walking easier even if I don't exercise. There is nothing like lugging around 300+ pounds to make a quick walk a real workout!)

No comments: