Sunday, May 23, 2010

Books

A while back, I wrote about books that had a big influence on my life.  There was one that I couldn't remember the exact title of or find anywhere online at that point (although my memories of it were vivid!)  I have since found it and wanted to mention it here.

The book was called Single Again, and it was by Mildred Hope Witkin.  In the crowd of books directed at people who have divorced or become widowed or separated from a longterm relationship, it really stood out!  The book was written with the intended audience of women over 50 who had divorced or become widowed, but I think this book would be excellent for anyone who is at a place in their life where they are feeling a little lost or not quite sure where to go, or anyone who finds themselves on a road that was not the one they originally planned on being on.  The book is about forgetting about your original life plan and your long held dreams, and finding out who you really are and what you really want.  It is about not giving up when things aren't going exactly where you want to go.

Although I was not over 50, and I still had young children at home, I was able to use the exercises in this book to my benefit.  In many ways, I still use the activities and lessons that it taught me in both my day to day life and my plans for the future.  If you're looking for a reason to keep on living, check this one out regardless of your situation.  I do not think that you will be disappointed!

2 comments:

Mizé said...

Maybe I should read this one...
Thanks for sharing, will look for it :)
Mizé

lin said...

I get much in your theme really. thank your very much i will come every day! winter wedding dresses Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Pumps Bridesmaid Dresses