Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nutrition Goals Revisited

I have been fairly successful raising my polyunsaturated fat intake and lowering my saturated fat intake. Today I had walnuts.

After analyzing my diet yesterday, I came to the conclusion that the only way that I could lower my intake of cholesterol would be to not have meat, dairy, or eggs at every single meal and snack. Of course, I am not going to be full enough if I only have fruits or veggies or the small portion of whole grains that I can have and still keep my total carbs down so I am going to be using nuts and nut butters to round out my snack times. These are calorie rich items, but I do find that just 1/4 cup will keep me from getting hungry for a couple of hours. Today I was able to keep my cholesterol intake under 300, and that included having a mac snack wrap at McDonald's this afternoon, around 5 ounces of turkey for lunch, and a chicken breast for dinner as well as cream in my coffee. Lowering my cholesterol intake may be easier than I had originally thought.

1 comment:

Emma said...

I absolutely love the Mac snack wraps. Big Mac were my *favorite* fast food sandwich, but so terribly horribly bad for me. It is great to have such a healthier option with still getting the Big Mac taste that I like.