Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Exercise Triumph

Last week, I only made it out on my 1.4 mile "increase my speed" walk twice. I was a bit sad about this, but not too much, because it is not one of my hard and fast goals. It is just something to motivate me to do cardiovascular exercise by thinking of how nice it would be to be able to keep up with people of normal weight and normal leg length on uphill hikes.

Early this week, Diana hinted that perhaps I should go for my walk before it got dark. Actually she just asked, "Are you going to go for a walk now before it gets dark.?" She may not have meant anything by it, but it felt really weird to me and definitely unmotivated me. I have been sick and sticking to the diet, recording the food, and attempting to make strides in the direction of a clean house are the first priorities. If it gets too dark to go for a walk before I am done with the other things, then I just don't do it that day. So far it has worked for me. I do not want any encouragement from anyone to walk more. I am hard enough on myself.

Anyways, yesterday was my first walk day this week and once again it took 31 minutes. I was really starting to feel like I would never do better than that! I was wrong. I walked again today and hit 29 minutes!!! I only need to improve by one more minute to move on to a longer walk all the way to the cemetery. :D


1 comment:

Sandee said...

The more you walk the faster you will get. I go between 3 to 3.5 MPH for 40 minutes almost every weekday. It's great exercise.

Have a terrific day. :)