Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yesterday was the first day that I used Diet Power to keep track of Diana's food intake. It was a bit of work, but I feel like I am more getting the hang of it and learning to flow today. We had challenges both days. Yesterday we got up far earlier than either of us usually do and went to get our car inspected and then grocery shopped. Today we had company for an impromptu birthday party for dinner. I don't mind the challenges because this is how the real world works, and any nutrition plan that doesn't work in the real world doesn't work period!

Diana is working hard at keeping her carb total under 85 grams everyday. It is not easy yet, but she has seen success and even had a weight loss her first day to encourage her to continue. We have also exercised together both days. It makes me feel great to get moving even when aches and pains occur. I just feel so alive to be outside in the early spring with my heart rate rising, and the sun shining on my head as the wind stings my cheeks.

I saw more weight loss today with a morning weight of 291.2 lbs. I think it is surprising that I am losing so much weight so easily. I am for the most part still eating over 2000 calories per day. I am not sure if it is the slight calorie reduction or the low carbs that have helped, but I am so glad for whatever it is!

1 comment:

BunnyKissd said...

{{{hugs}}} Thank you for your help and inspiration... I've given you the Sunshine Award. Right when I first read about it, before I even got it, I knew you should have it... http://bunnykissd.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html