Thursday, March 18, 2010

To Nap or Not to Nap

I hate naps! It doesn't matter how tired I am or how much I am falling asleep while I try to do other things, I resist naps as hard as I can. Not only do I hate spending some of my daytime sleeping, I always feel horrible when I wake up from a nap. I am the crankiest that I ever am! It just feels like everything in the world is wrong! So I am opposed to naps for me.

On the other hand, lots of research shows that naps are good for people. They are suppose to refresh you and give you extra energy in the second part of the day. Regular nappers are smarter, quicker, and more alert. All I can say to this is that perhaps we are just not all the same.

So if naps make you feel better, go ahead and take them, but if you are like me, don't feel guilty about getting all of your sleep at night even if you sometimes get tired during the day.

1 comment:

Angeltraveler said...

I am like you too and wake up feeling a bit off, kinda worse off than I was before.

Maybe it has something to do with a drop in sugar levels - that I am not sure but I am sure that I am better off not napping.