Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goals

I am still getting in the habit of helping Diana with her food and tracking it on the Diet Power program. That takes up quite a bit of my time, and I find myself with not as much time to write here. I also have started walking more regularly. (The spring weather is calling to me.) That takes up another 30 - 45 minutes. While I was out walking yesterday, I started thinking about goals.

I don't think I wrote my goals for this month here yet. By April 1, I would like to be under 288 lbs. (I weighed 292.4 this morning.) Also I would like my fasting blood sugar to be under 110. Those are modest goals I think. Especially since I have been cutting my carbs way back this month to match up with Diana.

I was also thinking about an exercise goal. I am not yet up to a point where I want to think that I will be walking any distance at any speed any particular day. (I am a great walker for endurance, but with my short legs and extra pounds, my default speed is only 2 mph. It can be worse if I am going up a lot of hills.) I would like to see myself able to walk 4 miles in an hour. That would be pretty speedy with my short legs. I am thinking in my head that it might also be an attainable goal by the end of the summer. Maybe before the autumnal equinox. This is not a definite goal, with consequences, that I am really holding onto, but just something that I think I will be working on.

No comments: