Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Making Good Changes

As I contemplated breakfast today, I decided to try a new tactic. I had some whole grain cereal (1 c. cheerio type cereal) and 1/2 c. of 2% milk (still need to get that 1% milk) as well as another 1/2 c. 2% milk with 8 oz. of coffee. I am worried that it won't be enough fat and protein to keep my not hungry until lunch, but it doesn't have to be! I can eat more in a couple of hours if I need to.

For a snack at 11:00, I have 4 mini quiches and 12 oz. water.

At 2:00, I have lunch consisting of a 1 oz. slice of seedless rye bread topped with 2.8 oz. of tuna mixed with 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise, and 2 c. of leftover roasted vegetables. I also have 12 oz. of diet birch beer.

At 4:30, I have 12 oz. of water.

At about 8:00, I have dinner. It is a sort of make your own dinner tonight only I actually do most of the making, but everyone picks the things that they like. I have another 2 c. of the leftover roasted veggies (so good), 1 slice of rye bread topped with 1 oz. of cream cheese and 2.2 oz. surimi, and on the side, .8 oz. smoked cheddar, .6 oz. smoked swiss, and 3 oz. smoked turkey, and one cube of fresh pineapple. It was late, and I was hungry!

I have definitely eaten better today. I am over 90% of RDA for all the important nutrients. I also kept my sodium in check. I still need to work on the saturated fat but hopefully that will come. I have decided to not post a nutrition score anymore because the algorithm that they use does not accurately affect the way I am trying to eat. (To give an example, I start with an F everyday because I obviously haven't fulfilled any of my nutritional needs.)

Summary

Calories - 2180
Fat - 143 grams
Carbs - 131 grams
Protein - 112 grams

Exercise - none dedicated although in addition to my usual movement I danced with the girls for a bit

No comments: