Friday, February 19, 2010

Busier and Busier!

I was up at about 6:00 today. I can never sleep well when I have a cold. I had a Lemon Zest Luna bar, a calcium/Vitamin D supplement, and 12 oz. coffee with 2 tbsp. cream and a packet of aspartame based sweetener. I accidentally put in the second tablespoon of cream, but I decided to go with it. It has been quite awhile since I had really creamy coffee.

At about 10:30, I have another cup of coffee (only 1 tbsp. cream this time) and another Luna bar. It is almost time to go, and I don't have time for anything more substantial. I really feel good when I eat the Luna bars though. They have a good balance of fat, carbs, and protein, the carbs are low on the hypoglycemic index, and they are enriched with things that I actually don't usually get enough of (namely iron and Vitamin E). Eating two of them along with two calcium pills practically takes care of my nutrition needs for the day!

Then we head out and about, and things get even busier! At about noon, I have a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. Then I don't eat again until around 4:30 or so when I have 1 plain hard taco and 1 plain soft taco at Taco Bell in the mall for a very late lunch. I wasn't 100% sure which was better for me, but I was leaning towards the hard (thinking whole grain and the shell is smaller than the soft wheat tortilla). I was right! The hard taco has 40 fewer calories, 8 fewer carbs, and exactly the same amount of fat as the soft taco.

We were exhausted heading home. (We had stopped at a lot of locations and been out with a 6 month old baby for about 6 hours.) We had thought that we might stop and have dinner at the Chinese buffet. We had been hoping to treat Ant this weekend because all of his sisters are at a weekend slumber party. Also with our big family, it is cheaper to eat out if some people are doing something else fun. Benji wasn't happy on the way home though, and we weren't sure if he was up for a restaurant so we decided to postpone that until tomorrow.

For dinner, I made myself a quick "deli plate" at home with 1.3 oz. whole wheat bread, 2 tsp. butter, .75 oz. American cheese food, 1.7 oz. tomato, 1.6 oz. havarti, .9 oz. smoked cheddar, 1 t. mayo, 1 oz. ham, 1 oz. roast beef, .9 oz. green olives, 4.1 oz. slices apple heated in the microwave and sprinkled with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1 packet of aspartame based sweetener. I also had a mug of Candy Cane Lane tea.

Summary

Calories - 1848
Fat - 101 grams
Carbs - 140 grams
Protein - 107 grams

Now for bed!

No comments: