Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

The abbreviated version!

We have taken a temporary break from planning our evening meals or even making a big deal about preparing them. Life got really busy a couple of weeks ago, as you can tell from my last post, and even with menu plans, I was feeling really stressed out about dinner. I felt like it was a requirement that I follow this plan, and the truth was the food wasn't even getting eaten because we were all so busy and stressed.

I started just making what we wanted. I would make things that we healthy and quick for Diana and me, and I would ask the kids what they wanted and either make it for them or sometimes they preferred to make it themselves. Things have been going smoothly with the new plan although I doubt it will be a permanent thing. When my stress falls back down, maybe I'll be ready to return to formal dinners. We shall see!

No comments: