Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lack of Posts

Life has been pretty hectic around here with plenty of ups and downs, and I have not posted for the last few weeks because of it.

My daughter had her first child, my first grandchild, a boy - Benjamin Ian on August 11. I attended the birth in a doula capacity, and it was a wonderful experience that went better than I could have imagined. On August 12, my partner's stepfather died. He had been unconscious following brain trauma for several days, and we had been in Syracuse keeping watch with the rest of the family. It was a rather surreal experience, but one that reinforces my desire to live life to the fullest!

I will be back to regular updates soon.

2 comments:

Shinade aka Jackie said...

Congratulations Grammy!! that's fantastic news!! I have 4...actually 6 when you count my step grand children!!

My daughter has 4 boys from 16 yrs old to 18 months old!!

oh I know the feeling and it's wonderful!!

Jaya said...

Congratulations on the birth of Benjamin!