Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Do I Really Eat?

When I first started this blog, one of my plans in the back of my mind was to record everything that I eat here. My favorite weight loss blogs have always been the most revealing and most honest. I like it when someone opens up both the good and the bad parts of themselves. "Bad" may not be the best choice of words there. It might be better to say that they show all the different sides of themselves including those imperfections that not many are willing to share.


I find that many people have this idea in their head that most other people are better than them. This is usually not based on fact although the things they see might support that view. The problem is that people don't show the things that they don't want you to see very often.


So today, I am going to start practicing what I preach and sharing what I eat with the rest of you. Now, because I am not perfect, this will not always be a perfect list, but I will do my best. Sometimes I will give more info and sometimes less, but at the least I will list estimates of every calorie containing food or beverage that I consume.


Today, I will start off properly by giving a bit more than that.


Today, I awoke late at around 10:30. I had had a hard night. First I was tense and couldn't fall asleep. Then I couldn't stay asleep because my stomach hurt (probably due to the tension.) I didn't actually get up out of bed until 11:30, and I made breakfast and coffee for my love before I made anything for myself. (She was having a heavy breakfast and due to a slightly off stomach I didn't want to join her.)


So at about noon I had 8 ounces of water and 1/2 cup of quick oats prepared in the microwave and mixed with 1 sliced banana, a pinch each of cinnamon and ginger, 2 packets of aspartame based sweetener, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Usually I have coffee in the morning, but I decided to hold off and see how my stomach was.


At 3:00, I was feeling hungry again so I made myself a big salad of 2/3 cup torn iceberg lettuce, 2/3 cup chopped cucumber, 2/3 cup chopped green pepper, 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. I also had 1/4 c. walnuts. Yum! After lunch I was thirsty, so at about 3:45, I had another 8 ounces of water.


At 6:00, I had a small apple to hold me over until dinnertime.

At 7:10, supper was finally done! I had 1 cup of Bush's Original Baked Beans that had been baked in the oven, 6 ounces of lean ham that had also been baked in the oven with a light glaze, and 14 boiled baby carrots with a pinch of salt. I also had 16 ounces of diet Dr. Thunder (Walmart version of Dr. Pepper) on ice.

After dinner at around 8:15, I had a large mug of Candy Cane Lane tea with three packs of aspartame based sweetener in it. I haven't measured the capacity of this mug so I am not sure how much it was. Candy Cane Lane is a tea put out by Celestial Seasonings that is primarily a mixture of decaffeinated green tea and peppermint leaves.

I am not an evening eater so this is probably it for me today so I will post this now!

1 comment:

Jaya said...

Try adding in some 'superfood' to your diet, to help your body move to a higher level of nourishment and vitality. I've just begun using one of the best ones around, Iridesca, and I love it! It's pricey, but I figure I am worth it. You can check it out here:

http://life-enthusiast.com/usa/product_info.php?ref=10367&products_id=388