Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 23: Staying on Track

I got out and walked today in spite of the snow and slippery road. My girlfriend Diana walked with me which was definitely a help!

This evening, I was talking to a group of online friends about aging. There was some talk about good things about aging, and of course, the usual drawbacks.

I think the thing that helps me the most is realizing my own mortality is not limited to old age. That is truly an illusion. We are all mortal. I could die at three or twenty-three or forty-three or one hundred and three. We all need to make the most of everyday.

No one should wait until he or she is thin to live. No one should wait until he or she has all the right habits in place. No one should wait for money or love or kids to be born or grow up, etc. Live now! That is my advice to you all today.

No comments: