Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 14: The Importance of Enthusiasm

I have lost some of my enthusiasm for establishing the habit of daily exercise. It is easy for me, when stressed, to flip flop back and forth between agoraphobia and claustrophobia. Claustrophobia is more my natural state. I want out. I want the sky overhead. I want to have room to roam. I want to lose myself in my surroundings.

When I start to flip flop, I often get to the place where I feel that I have no safe place. Right now, that is where I find myself. No matter where I go I do not feel safe, so it is really hard to walk for a whole hour!

What I need to do is to recapture my enthusiasm. So, I am excited. Walking everyday really is wonderful. It makes me feel wonderful in so many different ways! I am going to keep walking everyday at 2:00 without fail. I am going to do my best to be mindful and to enjoy my walks. I am not going to let fear of the unknown keep me from establishing this habit!

2 comments:

Sweetwater Designs said...

I agree..it can be hard to maintain enthusiasm about any passion. You have to find that trigger that works for you..good luck on your journey!

Kathy said...

You're way more motivated than me! It was only tonight, after weeks of inactivity, that I tried aerobics for a bit. Had to start slow because I don't want to throw my back out like the last time I overdid it. Good luck to you. You're my hero.