Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 1: A New Beginning

Today I started my month of exercising. Of course, I plan to continue my exercising after this month, but this month I will be establishing the habit. I knew that today would be difficult because we are celebrating Samhain today, and we had to get groceries today, and well it just isn't a typical day!

For one thing, I didn't have lunch. We were pretty much out of food so I just munched on some donuts that my mom had sent home with us yesterday. When it was 1:30, I realized that we weren't going to make it out to get groceries for at least another half hour so I asked Diana if she would rather I exercise or wait and do it when we got home. She said go! So I went. The walking itself was easy. I took it easy, and I broke it up by doing different types of walking. I am a bit achy now, but I am sure that long grocery trip after the hour of walking contributed to that.

I am proud of myself for getting out there and moving! While I was out, I felt a bit guilty because I know that there are a lot of other things that I need to do too. I shouldn't though. This is for me. It gives me energy and joy! If I feel better, then I can do more for my family, and I am more fun to be around.

No comments: