Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 26: Looking Towards Next Month

Since my goal is to incorporate one new habit a month, I have been spending some time the past couple of days thinking about next month. I have decided that I will cultivate the habit of exercise in November.

November is the perfect time to cultivate that habit. It is not too hot and not too snowy. I will be able to have the habit of exercise before the heavy snow hits and makes traipsing outside more difficult.

I haven't yet cemented just exactly what this habit is going to look like. I realize that it may change and grow also. All I know right now is that I want to cultivate the habit of exercising every day!

One of my areas of indecisiveness at the moment is timing. I know that to make exercise a habit, I need to tie it to another regular activity and a certain time of day. The easiest time would be first thing in the morning. My favorite time to exercise though is right after lunch. My problem I think is that I tend to eat lunch too late, and I am worried that if I tie my exercise to that other things might get in the way.

I am going to think on it some more.

No comments: