Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 24: How Do You Define Freedom?

I wrote a bit yesterday about my recent period of struggle, and how yesterday was a turning point for me. Today I had even more opportunities to grow. I had tons of energy for most of the day. Thoughts and clarifications were flying through my head at a stupendous speed.

The cornerstone of my breakthrough yesterday was the realization that I need to do the things I want to do. That may seem like a simple statement, but it really isn't. I think many people, especially women, rarely do what they really want to. Fears, anxieties, and the wrong kind of concerns about others hold them back.

Today I was thinking more about what I want to do. I was thinking about the essentials. I had a clarification about what is essential to me. My relationship with Diana is essential. It is the foundation of a lot of other things. I want to do what I want to do, and being a part of Diana is top priority in that hierarchy
at the moment. I was able to follow that thought to doing other things which made my day very fulfilling. Freedom to me includes the freedom to choose to work with and play with another person who I love and am bound to. Freedom to me also includes the freedom to choose to take care of my children full time at home. Both of those things include responsibility.

Freedom is not the absence of responsibility. I wonder how others see freedom?

No comments: