Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 14: Dealing with Guilt

I have a huge problem with guilt. I have a near photographic memory, and it seems that I remember as if it had happened yesterday, every single thing that I have ever done wrong in my life. I do remember the good things too, but I don't want there to have been any bad things. Learning to deal with guilt is a huge part of staying positive for me.

What have I found that works? Just remembering a simple fact! You can't get back the past. You can't get back one single moment of it no matter how much you might want to! I can mourn things that I wish had been done or turned out differently, but I can't go back and change it. I need to stay focused on the now.

So today and every day, I am determined to move forward with positivity, passion, and play, that I might have fewer regrets in the future and a wonderful now!

No comments: